Monday, August 27, 2012

One Week In

Good afternoon everyone!
One week done! Amazing how quickly it has come and gone already. That being said, I feel that it was an excellent week. We had 100% attendance on the first day, with an official enrollment of 133 students! Our first all school Mass was today and it went very well. Father Bolte’s excitement for this school year is wonderful! I would like to thank all of the parents and family that helped get our students ready to go for this year and everyone’s willingness to be a bit flexible.
Please be sure to get the Friday Folder from your oldest child, there are several important things in there today. We have had to update our Emergency Medical Forms and will need these filled out and turned back in as soon as possible. There is also a release form from the Athletic department for anyone wishing to use the weight room. The athletic booster’s mum sale is beginning, so as fall weather starts to take its toll on all of your plants, add some extra color with some mums!
Finally, I am trying to make sure that all of my communications are getting out to everyone. If you know someone that is not getting the One Call emails or voice calls, please have them contact the school. I understand that we have information for just about everyone, but there are a few small gaps in our database. Along the same line, I want to encourage everyone to start checking the Happenings blog link on the Piqua Catholic School website. I intend to post there fairly often and with information apart from what I include in the emails. It would also be a great way for grandparents and other relatives who are not in our One Call system to get information about the school “happenings.”
Thank you again, students, parents, staff, everyone for making Piqua Catholic School your choice for education and for making this week an excellent week.
Yours in Christ,
Joshua Bornhorst