Good afternoon family and friends!
I hope that your week has been going as well as mine, and that God continues to bless you all in many ways. In case you did not notice yesterday, PCS made front page news in the Piqua Daily Call! It was a wonderful article regarding our commemoration ceremony for 9/11. I want to thank the students, staff, and the community for helping us to remember the tragic events that transpired 11 years ago on 9/11. In case you missed it, here is the link to the online version, hopefully this works.
http://dailycall.com/main.asp?SectionID=5&SubSectionID=407&ArticleID=182563
I have a couple of housekeeping items to share with everyone. 1) I would appreciate if all of our PCS registration signs could be returned to the school. THANK YOU for having them in your yards and spreading the word about PCS. I would like to use these signs again next spring, but the time has come and gone for them this year. 2) A letter was sent home yesterday regarding Chicken Dinners with an error in the pricing. Chicken Dinners are $7.50 NOT $7.00. Chicken Dinner tickets will be sold after all Masses this weekend.
This week, I would like to begin to familiarize everyone with some processes that I see as important and necessary for our school to function well. For issues arising in the classrooms or with a specific teacher, I feel it extremely important that they be brought to the attention of the teacher so they can address those issues directly. This allows the teacher to explain a situation and maintain authority in the classroom in the eyes of our students. If a satisfactory solution is not reached, then issues need to be brought to my attention. I trust my faculty to make good decisions and they are the first decision maker in most situations that arise in the school.
Up and coming events: Tomorrow, PCS will be having two Bully Free presentations through Mer-Man Productions thanks to our PTO. The NCS presentation will begin around 9:45AM, and the DSC presentation starts at 12:30PM. Jr High volleyball have games on Tuesday and Wednesday nights this coming week, help cheer on our girls! 7th Grade boys have a football game on Wednesday, and the 8th Grade boys have a football game on Thursday – Let’s cheer them on too! Another VIRTUS training session is available for Thursday, September 20th from 6-9PM.
On a sad note this week, I informed everyone that Father Tom Grilliot passed away Monday afternoon. Funeral arrangements have been made for next Thursday, September 20th. There will be a viewing Wednesday evening and again Thursday morning prior to the funeral Mass. Due to the number of lives that Father Tom touched; many people are expected to be at church on Thursday. PCS classes will not be able to attend the Mass for this reason. We will be having a moment of silence for Father Tom in the afternoon to show our respects as a school for all of the support he gave to us. Please continue to pray for Father Tom’s family and our parish family.
Thank you everyone for all of your support so far this year. I feel things are off to a great start. Lots of wonderful things are happening for this year, and plans are already formulating for next year and the years to come.
God bless you all!
Joshua Bornhorst